LoanMart And Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
Present Scholarship Opportunity For Local Students
Are you a student who is involved in community service projects, student government, or extracurricular activities? LoanMart and the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes are looking for local high school students who are passionate about school, the community, and their futures. LoanMart, in conjunction with the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes will award THREE $1,000 scholarships for college, university or vocational school to local graduating high school students in San Bernardino County.
It doesn’t matter what you plan to study—Science, English, Math, or something else—all areas of study have the potential to make the world a better place. How do you plan on using your education? Do you show achievement, leadership, community involvement, and character in your studies and in your community/school involvement? Then you are exactly the kind of student we have in mind for this scholarship.
Along with $1,000 to invest in your education at an accredited college, university or vocational school, recipients of the LoanMart/Rancho Cucamonga Quakes Scholarship will be invited to a special Rancho Cucamonga Quakes baseball game to receive formal recognition of their accomplishments in a pre-game ceremony.
In order to qualify for the LoanMart/Rancho Cucamonga Quakes scholarship, you must be (1) a U.S. citizen; (2) graduating from a local high school; and (3) a current resident of San Bernardino County.
You must include the following in your application:
- A statement of at least 300 words describing why you believe you deserve this scholarship. How have you shown scholastic achievement, leadership, community involvement, and character in your life? This is the time to showcase all the accomplishments that you are proud of.
- Proof of your educational history from the 9th grade to the present and an office transcript.
- At least one, but no more than two, letters of recommendation from a person of authority in your life. This can be a teacher, coach, employer, or any person who has worked closely with you throughout your accomplishments.
The deadline for applying for the LoanMart/Rancho Cucamonga Quakes scholarship is May 20, 2018. All applications must be post-marked by this date.
Along with your essay, transcript(s), and letter(s) of recommendation, you should include the following information:
Your application should be bound and flat. Take all letters out of any envelopes and bind them with the rest of the papers of your application. The entire application should be presented in no more than 20 pages. Staple or paper clip are acceptable forms of binding.
- Full name
- College, University or Vocational School name
- Class year (the year you will graduate high school)
- Intended Major
- Contact information (phone, email, social media profiles)
Please send all applications and attachments to:
Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
ATTN: LoanMart/Quakes Scholarship Application
8408 Rochester Ave
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
*Note: Scholarship recipients will be notified no later than June 16, 2018
Download Application Here