Table of Contents
- How to Find the Equity in your Car
- How to Use a Title Loan Calculator to Receive a Loan Value Estimate
- What Are the Benefits of a Title Loan Calculator and Getting a Loan?
- What Can I Spend my Car Title Loan on?
- Can I Pay My Car Title Loan Early?
- How to Calculate an Early Payoff Date for Car Title Loans
- How to Pay Off Title Loans
- How to Lower Your Title Loan Monthly Payment
- Only Good Things
Loans can be a confusing subject for many people, especially if trying to obtain one is a whole new animal for you. Knowledgeable representatives will try to work with you to help you better understand what car title loans are all about and how to calculate what your car title loan will be worth and how much funding you will receive. We can assure you, however, that our car title loans are the most efficient, swift, and low-risk loan in the alterative lending industry!
The total amount of money that is loanable to you will largely depend on the market value of the vehicle that you intend to use as collateral. To be clear, the value of the vehicle will be assessed based on its market value and not its retail value – so if you have a three-year-old sedan that was bought at an original price of $4,000 but is now at a current market value of $2,500, then the assessed loan value would be somewhere closer to the second figure.
It’s important for borrowers to know the equity of their vehicle. But how do you calculate the value of your vehicle?
How to Find the Equity in your Car
When applying for title loan funding, your vehicle is an important qualifying factor used to determine eligibility. The reason for this is that the car is used as collateral in exchange for the emergency funding. When someone has equity in their car, it means that it is worth more than what they still owe on it. Basically, equity tells you in dollars, how much of the car you actually own.
You can calculate your car’s equity with some simple math: just subtract the total amount you still owe to the bank or dealership from the actual value of the car. That’s the easy part. The harder part is finding out what these numbers are in order to do the math.
If you don’t have a loan on your car, you’ll subtract zero, meaning your equity is just the value that you found for your car.
Let’s take a 2013 Dodge Charger SXT. The Kelley Blue Book says that the value is $20,376 based on the make, model, style and condition of it. If the car owner still owes $10,500 and their lender charges a $150 payout fee, the equity in the Dodge Charger is $9,726 after subtracting the two numbers.
Potential borrowers may now use the Title Loan Calculator to get a pre-approved title loan estimate in under 5 minutes3! This calculator can be a game changer for those looking for emergency funding! Just plug in your information we’ll calculate your title loan estimate1!
How to Use a Title Loan Calculator to Receive a Loan Value Estimate
The Title Loan Calculator may be accessed on the website from any computer or handheld device. From there you can quickly calculate your possible title loan funding amount1 just by submitting a few details:
- State of Residence
- Car Make
- Car Model
- Car Style
- Current Car Mileage
Once all this information is submitted, qualified inquirers will be provided with a title loan estimate on the spot! If you are pleased with your loan amount, you could easily complete the inquiry for a title loan right from the application. So why not use the Vehicle Value App to calculate your title loan amount?
To fully inquire for a title loan after your title loan amount has been calculated, receiving a pre-approved estimate, just input your:
- First and last name
- Mobile number
- Email address
- ZIP code
And that’s it! Using the Title Loan Calculator is as easy as can be!
What Are the Benefits of a Title Loan Calculator and Getting a Loan?
Take a look at the innovative benefits you could acquire if you are deemed eligible for title loan funding!
- Quick Emergency Funds: Applying can take as little as 5 minutes, and eligible borrowers could receive their emergency money in as little as one business day3! But even before applying, you could use the Title Loan Calculator to receive an estimate1.
- Superior Customer Service: Receive helpful assistance from knowledgeable agents when you need help the most.
- Competitive Interest Rates: Interest rates are highly competitive. Because rates are based on up-to-date market analysis, you know you’re getting a good deal.
- Title Loan Calculator: Knowing the value of one’s car is important for financial matters. You may be able to get a pre-approved title loan estimate before even applying for a loan1!
You could receive a pre-approved title loan estimate before applying when you use the innovative Title Loan Calculator1.
What Can I Spend my Car Title Loan on?
Some customers may use their money for:
- Bill and Credit Card Payments
- Medical Bills
- Funeral Expenses
- Helping Family Members/Friends
- Personal Expenses
- …and so much more!
Can I Pay My Car Title Loan Early?
Yes, you generally can but that’s completely dependent on which lender you chose your title loan (or title loans) from. The problem that may occur is that some title loan prepayment plans may come with a cost. When looking at your payment plans, always be sure to check to see if there is a title loan prepayment penalty.
This penalty occurs when you want to fully pay for your title loan early and could raise the cost of the loan to a point where you cannot possibly pay for it. But how do you know if you are attempting a title loan prepayment?
Well anytime you are paying more on a monthly loan payment, you could trigger the title loan prepayment penalty.
What are some options that you could take to avoid title loan prepayment penalties? Here are some important tips:
- Avoid them all-together: There are many title loans that could be using title loan prepayment penalties when offering title loans, so looking them up online or researching their title loans is a good way of avoiding them in the first place.
- Communicate with your lender: Always talk to your lender and ask them if title loan prepayment is possible without any charges.
- Look for prepayment plans: With a wide array of title loan companies in the market, there are plenty of lenders that do not charge title loan prepayment penalties, or even have alternative ways of paying for your title loans.
To answer the question, NO! We do not charge title loan prepayment penalties. In fact, we offer title loan payment plans that could be flexible for you1. Perhaps after reading this, you may consider our title loans.
How to Calculate an Early Payoff Date for Car Title Loans
These money-saving suggestions will definitely add up, resulting in you having the funds to speed up your payment schedule while at the same time being good for your health, relationships, and overall well-being.
- Avoid missing payment deadlines. When it comes to most loans, you can incur fees or penalties when you miss your monthly payment deadlines. A quick bout with forgetfulness can translate into extra dollars to pay for the following month in the form of penalties, so by all means do set reminders for yourself to pay on time. Arrange for automatic payments through your bank and your lender so you are guaranteed to never miss your due date. Don’t have a bank account? No worries – programming a recurring alarm on your phone or writing all deadlines in your daily agenda in advance will help you to remember that your payment is due.
- Save a little bit every month to cover one extra payment each year, at the very least.If rounding up the total or making extra money on the side is not exactly possible, you can just save whatever amount you can each month to come up with a thirteenth month payment at the end of the first payment year. You can also allocate your scheduled work bonus or even tax return money for this instead of using that significant amount of money on non-essentials.
- Be on top of your payoff date recalculations. Nothing can motivate you more than seeing how fast you can advance your last payment every time you add a little bit more to your monthly dues. Once you have your recalculated payment schedule, do a monthly computation so you can always know when your “new” last payment date will be. The times you see that last payment month move backwards can definitely do a lot to motivate you to find more ways of making money or even taking your new, frugal lifestyle to the next level.
- Have an accountability partner to keep track of your progress. If you think there might be times when you are bound to slip, disclose your plans to pay off your loan faster to someone you can really trust. Ask for help in ensuring that you don’t spend extra dollars on unnecessary things by having a buddy who will point out that the afternoon gelato you are eyeing is not a necessary expense. Having someone “on your watch” can really do a lot to stick to your guns!
How to Pay Off Title Loans
Once you’ve gone through the application process and submitted all your necessary documentation for loan approval, customer service team works with you to create a payment plan that will fit your budget and your lifestyle1. That way, you won’t have to struggle when it comes to paying your auto title loan off.
You’ll be given a loan period of 12 to 48 months where your payments will be divided monthly. It’ll include any interest you’ll acquire and the overall amount of the loan.
1. Mail the payment
Using certified funds or a check, you’ll be able to mail your monthly payment. Make sure you give the mail enough time to arrive, so you don’t have that count as a late payment!
2. Pay by phone
You can also pay by phone by using a credit or debit card to make your monthly payment. We have a private and secure system, so you won’t have to worry about fraud.
3. Set up automatic payments
With your checking account and our online payment account, you can set up automatic electronic payments to withdraw your monthly payment every month around the due date. This will ensure that you don’t miss a monthly payment, and you don’t have to worry about logging on every time you need to make the payment.
4. Pay online with My Account
If you’re a little skeptical about automatic payments, you can still use your online account to make your payments every month. You just log on every month when you are ready to make your payment and use your checking account as your payment method.
5. Pay with the app
After you apply for title loans, make sure you download the app! It will be of great use to you when it comes to keeping track of your monthly payments, viewing your statement, and checking on how much money you owe over time. You can pay your monthly payment on the go whether you’re at work, on vacation, or just sitting at home. No need to break out the computer or laptop!
How to Lower Your Title Loan Monthly Payment
Car title loans are usually short-term loans that range from a couple of months to about two years to fully pay off. This is definitely a lot shorter than the usual home mortgage or student loan (which can take many people several years to fully pay off), but will still require some budgeting and planning in order to be taken cared of smoothly and in good time.
To free yourself from the burden of prolonged budgeting, it is suggested that you find ways to lower your title loan monthly payments. Just because you have committed to a predetermined amount for a number of years does not mean you have no other choice but to see it through to completion, no more or no less. The truth is, you can do something about it. Showing that you are determined to meet your obligations will not only allow you to fulfill them properly, but at the same time work in your favor because it puts you in a better light with lending institutions.
Here are several things you can do in order to make your monthly car title loan payments a lot lighter and end earlier:
Talk Things Out with Your Loan Officer
Do not be afraid to call your loan officer to discuss how you can make your monthly loan payments a lot lighter. Just because you have a fee schedule to refer to does not mean there are no other options to consider for your own personal situation.
Requesting your loan officer to problem-solve with you regarding the monthly payment re-computation should yield several other options that will help make the entire task of paying off your loan a lot lighter; they are trained to identify ways that will allow you to better meet monthly loan payments.
Use Unexpected Extra Income to Speed Up the Payment Term
During the repayment term, you might be lucky enough to come across a little bit of extra income that you can divert towards your monthly loan payments. These little bits of good fortune can come from a variety of sources: a performance bonus at work, an unexpected cash gift from your doting grandparents, a cash dividend from one of your investment instruments, a nice commission on a sale you’ve made, etc.
Instead of simply depositing it in your bank account, why not use that significant amount of money to hasten your loan repayment? For example, if your monthly payment is $230 and you unexpectedly came across an extra $500, you can use $460 to pay off two extra months and apply the balance of $40 to cover part of a third month. Or, you can divide that amount across the payment period and you will have a smaller balance to cover from your regular paycheck.
Also, look for different ways to generate extra cash. Paying off a loan can be done much faster if you find extra opportunities to make money that goes to your repayment fund. Some side jobs can be based on your lifestyle, talents, and hobbies. There are many different sources of income out in the world today that allow you to make money on the side whenever you have a chance.
These can come in handy when it comes to paying off your title loans:
- House Cleaning
- Personal Assistant
- Dog Walker
- Sell Unwanted Clothes/Accessories
- Participate in Research
- Consultant Business
Temporarily Adjust your Lifestyle
Cutting back on your expenses is a fantastic way of saving a good amount of money that can go towards repaying your loan. Try:
- Eating home-cooked meals instead of dining out
- Suspending your gym membership and magazine subscriptions
- Going on a clothes/makeup/accessory/shoes shopping ban
- Being extra conscious about your utilities consumption (water, electricity, gas, etc.)
- Having movie nights at home instead of meeting up with friends at the bar
Here, you basically look for ways to cut back on your expenses so you just live on the minimum amount you need to spend every month. You’d be surprised to find out how much you can save when you total the amounts at the end of every month. More importantly, you will be surprised at the fact that you can live without many things that you previously thought were essentials and can thus make new and improved habits for a lifetime.
Features of the Title Loan Calculator include simplicity, speed, and convenience. Go ahead and try it out now! We want you to be successful in paying off your loan, so we work with you before, during, and after your loan is paid off. We don’t want the worst-case scenario happening. Applying won’t only provide you with all the benefits we have to offer, but it will help you succeed in the long run.
To apply today, you can fill out our online application and have your funds as soon as the same day3:
- Apply online with our application using your phone, computer, or tablet.
- Submit your required documentation to your representative.
- Collect your funds and use your money!
- Have your pay-off plan ready!
Only Good Things
When you strive to make bigger monthly payments as an effort to shorten your car title loan payment period, you will definitely save more money in that you are not going to pay interest rates for as long a time as you initially planned.
Just make sure that you inform your lender about additional payments on top of what was agreed upon so they too can make the necessary adjustments to your account. While late payments will naturally incur penalties, you will also be happy to note that paying in advance will not translate into additional fees. In fact, lenders will be happier knowing that they are dealing with a very responsible and committed client because you look for ways to shorten your payment period.
So, for the meantime, tighten your belt, wrack your brain for income-generating opportunities, and constantly find ways (and people) to motivate you in seeing your car title loan payments to the finish!