Are you currently struggling to purchase groceries? We understand that that is a very difficult position to find yourself in. Food is the most essential part of everyone’s budget and you want to be able to provide a healthy diet for yourself and your family. There are several different smart strategies to employ in order to make groceries for affordable for you and your family. Instead of only purchasing off the dollar menu at McDonald’s, considering using some of our ideas in this article so you can eat both healthfully and cheaply. It’s a lot easier than you might originally think.
Here are some simple ideas on how you can affordably purchase groceries:
- Shop at less expensive grocery stores
- Clip coupons or buy based on discounts
- Become vegetarian temporarily
- Get some emergency funding
Depending on your current situation, taking out a loan might be the best option for you. Here, at LoanMart, we think that title loans could be the best option. Through auto title loans, LoanMart makes it possible for you to get quick emergency funding for you to use however you please, even for groceries. But before we go straight into all the benefits of title loans, let’s touch base on the other strategies to make groceries more affordable.
Shop at Less Expensive Stores
There are plenty of great inexpensive grocery stores around the United States. If you have been shopping at more mainstream stores or at Whole Foods, considering making a shift to a cheaper store. All it requires is a little research to find which stores offer the cheapest prices in your area. You could save hundreds of dollars and still get the same quality and amount of food.
According to cheatsheet.com, these are the top six most inexpensive grocery stores in the United States right now:
- Aldi: This chain offers the cheapest groceries you can find, they currently have 1500 stores nationwide. But don’t forget to bring a quarter for the cart.
- WinCo: WinCo charges 50 cents on the dollar compared to Walmart. The store also treats their employees significantly better than Walmart. This chain is a keeper, for sure.
- Fareway: This chain is located mainly in the Midwest and offers a robust selection of produce.
- Sprouts and Fresh Thyme: These two stores are technically competitors. Sprouts is located in 12 states in the West while Fresh Thyme is a similar store mainly located in the Midwest.
- Trader Joe’s: My personal favorite grocery store, Trader Joe’s has a boutique feeling with healthy options kind of like Whole Foods but at a significantly lower price point. Don’t forget the cookie butter and two buck chuck!
- Salvage Grocery Outlets: Salvage stores buy the ‘seconds’ that other stores don’t want to sell, so they can offer extremely low prices. Most of these outlet stores are owned and operated independently so you can look up the one closest to you and check it out.
Clip Coupons or Buy Based on Discounts
You might think that those people who incessantly cut coupons are crazy spinsters who have too much time on their hands. But the amount of money you can actually save from couponing can really make the time spent worth it. Couponing is a strategy that you can decide how much time is necessary and measure your intensity according to how much you’d like to save…if you really want to dive deep then you can save up to 80% on your groceries! However, if you don’t have that sort of free time then you can just occasionally coupon clip at night while you watch television and still save 25% or 45% on your grocery-store trips.
Don’t judge a money-saving strategy until you’ve tried it!
Become Vegetarian Temporarily
There are many reasons why one might decide to become vegetarian for ethical purposes. However, many people choose to become vegetarian for financial purposes instead or as well. It has recently been proven in various studies that eating a vegetarian diet is significantly cheaper than cooking with meat. According to said study, you could save over 750 dollars a year by eating a plant-based diet rather than a diet with lean meat as the main source of protein.
To do this, just fill your grocery basket with vegetables, fruit, beans, rice, and other inexpensive plant-based foods. You’ll be surprised when the cashier rings you up how much cheaper your total is. By switching to a vegetarian diet for a few months or even permanently, you could not only save money, but you could also save the planet and prevent animal cruelty. That sounds worth it to me!
Get Some Emergency Funding
Another option that you could rely on for purchasing groceries is to borrow some money through the convenient funding of an auto title loan. Title loans are a great option for people who don’t want to borrow money from friends or family, fearing that perhaps it would cause tension in the relationship. Also, for those who worry they might not qualify for a personal loan from a bank because of their credit score. LoanMart could be the best solution for you1.
LoanMart offers some amazing benefits for auto title loans to our customers, such as:
- Quick funding1
- Very competitive rates
- High approval rates1
- Competitive rates and terms
- No balloon payments or early installment fees
- Excellent customer service
Once you’ve applied for a title loan, you could receive your funding as soon as the very next business day3! How can we do it, you ask? Well, the loan is secured by using the free and clear title of your car as collateral for the loan. And if you’re concerned because you need your car, don’t worry you can drive your car as normal throughout the life of the loan. We know how important your only form of transportation is. All we need from you is the title for the car.
If you think that an auto title loan might be the right option for you to purchase groceries, then considering filling out our inquiry form to see if you qualify!