Wanting to save money will always be in the minds of many Americans. As a nation we spend frivolously. However, there are some mobile apps that can change how we spend money, and how we save money.
Travel Apps That Will Save Me Money
- GasBuddy: This mobile app, and website, allows you to search for the cheapest gas prices in your area. You can search by your location, the city, or zip code you want. You can also search for the type of gas your vehicle needs: regular, midgrade, premium, or diesel. You can also post the cheap gas prices you see on the road, and can win $250 worth of gas for your efforts. This app is compatible with iOS, Android, Blackberry, and Windows devices.
- SpotHero: This mobile app, and website, allows you to pre-pay for parking in several major cities across the United States. Those cities include Atlanta, New Orleans, Chicago, Phoenix, San Diego, St. Louis, and many more. The app charges you a onetime fee, and is based on the date(s) and time frame(s) you choose for your stay in one of the partnering lots or garages. On the app you can search for parking near an exact address, or a parking near a venue. SpotHero offers options for monthly and hourly parking as well. SpotHero, also offers new parkers a promotion code of 10% off of the first reservation.
- Hotel Tonight: This mobile app allows you to book hotels on a short notice, and at great prices. Hotel tonight offers hotel rooms all over the world in North America, Central America, South America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and the Asia Pacific. Whatever your travel needs, Hotel Tonight has you covered. This app will help you make those unexpected layovers less disappointing. Hotel Tonight also offers a 24/7 support team to help out.
Financial Apps That Will Save Me Money
- Chime: This mobile app, and website, is a mobile banking app. It allows you to deposit your checks into an FDIC-insured account, and it automatically sets aside 10% of every paycheck into a Chime savings account. You can deposit checks right from your mobile device, and send and receive money from people instantly. Chime does not charge overdraft fees, foreign transaction fees, ATM fees, nor does it charge a fee for not having a certain amount in your account each month. This app is compatible with iOS and Android devices.
- Clarity Money: A mobile app that will save you time and money by cancelling all of those wasteful accounts and subscriptions. Clarity Money also seeks to negotiate your bills, so that you get a lower interest rate, which will of course save you money. The app is free, and it also offers an option for you to open a savings plan to keep track of all of the money you are saving with them, while also tracking your spending.
- Honey: It is not mobile app, or website. It is technically a browser extension, that sits right on your toolbar after you install it. This browser extension, takes all the time and trouble out of finding coupons. It automatically applies discounts, promotions, and coupon codes to your online order, at the point of checkout. It works on sites like Bloomingdales, Kohl’s, Domino’s Pizza, Fanatics, Zappos, H&M, and many, many more. You can install Honey on web browsers like Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, and Edge.
- Mint: This mobile app, and website, allows you to stay on top of your finances in every way. Mint helps you to easily create budgets, track your bills and keeps you updated on your credit score. It is convenient because it allows you to see your money and your expenses all in one place: your checking account, savings account, retirement account, and more all there. Mint is compatible with iOS and Android devices.
Apps That Will Help Me Save Money on Food
- Grocery iQ: This mobile app, and website, helps you to get exactly what you came for at the grocery store. You can build your own grocery lists, through the app, and use the barcode scanning tool to add items as well. The app also provides coupons and promotions, through the store locator function, so you’ll always know what’s on sale where. Good bye, bulky sales papers.
- SavingStar: This Mobile app, and website, allows you to get all of your loyalty rewards and coupons in one place. It is a coupon app that groups your grocery and drug store rewards together, in one place. You will select the offers you wish to use on the app and purchase them, at checkout you will present your rewards card or scan in your receipt to the app, and then you’ll get money in your SavingStar account. Available on iOS and Android devices.
There are so many mobile apps and websites that can help you save money based on your needs. All you have to do is look, or use the ones we found most helpful. Start your road to financial freedom today, it is only a few clicks away.