It can be a real hassle keeping track of car maintenance, like when your oil is old or your timing belt needs to be changed. If you can’t stand keeping track of your car’s maintenance schedule, there may be an easier way. Did you know that there are plenty of apps out there designed to help make your life easier when it comes to your car? Keep reading to see some of the best.
- Car Xpense Lite: $2.99 Many of the apps on the list are a bit dry in appearance, Car Xpense Lite not so! Additionally, you can create whatever subcategories you want to keep track of your car. You can keep track of whatever expenses, services, or maintenance repairs your car requires. You can even backup and restore data for multiple cars!
- Car Maintenance and Fuel: Free This app has a great, clean look and helps you track expenses related to your car. It tracks things like fuel costs, insurance expenses, fuel efficiency, etc. You can even use it to track multiple vehicles.
- Car Costs Complete: Free This is a great app for travelers. You can change from imperial to metric and back again. You can also change the currency used to express your expenses. All that in addition to tracking things like your fuel economy and distance traveled.
- Car Problems and Repairs: Free This app helps you diagnose and deal with car problems. It has information on a wide variety of makes, from Audi, to Hyundai, to Peugeot, etc. Information is organized into a number of different categories and subcategories, frequently by symptom or system.
- Vehicle Logbook: $3.99 This app sets itself apart from the other apps on the list due to the number of vehicles it can track. It can track up to 15 cars at once, and is able to sync with DropBox, so you don’t lose your data!
- Car Minder Plus: Free Car Minder tracks all your maintenance needs and your fuel economy. It looks for potential developing issues by tracking your fuel efficiency, and it can save data for multiple cars. Finally, it retains your service history and cross-checks it against service warnings to let you know when you may need to bring your car in for servicing.
- VehiCal: Free VehiCal offers many of the same features as the other apps on the list. It tracks your mileage and expenses. You can create customizable lists to track things like highway tolls, parking fees, etc. And, you can divide your expenses between business and personal expenses for the car, in the case of a mixed-use vehicle.
- DIY Car Maintenance: Free While many apps on this list deal with tracking how your car is working and what maintenance you’ve preformed on it, this app actually contains step by step guides of how to perform the maintenance yourself. You can use this app to learn how to do things like change your oil, check your fluids, change a flat tire, etc. The instructions are accompanied by photos illustrating each step.
- Just Drive: Free In addition to tracking maintenance for multiple vehicles, it can show you an interactive map of car services in your area, with user recommendations! Just Drive also includes a dashboard dictionary to translate all the symbols on your dash and show you what they mean. In addition to being extremely user-friendly, this app has a function that allows you to connect with other people who have the same kind of car as you!
- AutoExp: $9.99 This is a full-fledged car maintenance app that lets you keep track of your car expenses, stress-free. It presents data in a visually-appealing fashion that ensures you never miss anything important. By reminding you of important maintenance milestones, it ensures that your car is always a strong performer. It also comes in a variety of languages!
- Fuelio: Free This app is a great way to keep track of your fuel costs. It can tell you not only where the nearest gas stations are, but what they are charging for a fill up. Simply enter the number on the odometer and what your gas cost, and it will do the rest. One of the best things about this app is that you can store your data using DropBox or Google Drive. So, there’s no reason to worry about losing your data due to a phone issue.
So, there you have it. No matter what sort of car maintenance app you’re looking for, chances are that one of apps listed above will fit the bill. Whether you’re looking for something to track your fuel costs, maintenance schedules, or even step by step guides so you can do any maintenance yourself, there’s an app out there for you.