Table of Contents
- How do I figure out if my car was impounded or stolen?
- How do I know what impound lot my car is at?
- What do I need to get my car out of impound?
- What do I need if I’m getting someone else’s car out of impound?
- What do you do if you are missing some of the paperwork you need to get your car out of impound?
- What do I do at the impound lot to get my car out?
- How to Take Out a Loan to Get Your Car Out of Impound Using Your Car Title
- How to Qualify to Take Out a Loan to Get Your Car Out of Impound?
- What Documents Are Needed to Take Out a Loan to Get Your Car Out of Impound?
- Benefits of Getting a LoanMart Car Title Loan for Car Impoundment
- Process to Take Out a Loan to Get Your Car Out of Impound
Having your car sent to the impound lot can disrupt your life. If your car is your main mode of transportation, you may have issues getting to work on time and performing other essential trips.
Cars get sent to the impound lot for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Car was involved in an accident
- Parking in an unauthorized space
- Unpaid parking tickets
- Driving with no license
- Having an expired registration
- And more!
It is imperative to get your car out of impound as soon as possible, otherwise you risk obscene charges that stack up over time.
How do I figure out if my car was impounded or stolen?
The first question you should ask yourself is if someone you know with access to your keys could’ve taken the car. Maybe someone you live with borrowed it without telling you.
Once you’ve determined that no one borrowed your car without telling you, look around the area where your car was parked. Was there a “No Parking” sign that you didn’t see before? If there is, does it belong to a private towing company? You will need to call them right away and find out where they took your car.
If there is no signage indicating that your car was not properly parked in a designated area, you’ll need to contact your local parking authority. They will have a record of your car being towed by the city if that’s what happened. Unfortunately, it sometimes take a while for the parking authority database to get updated. If they don’t have a record of your car, you should call them again a few hours later to see if it has been added to the system. It’s important to find out if your car was towed as soon as possible because you are normally charged a fee for each day that your car is impounded.
How do I know what impound lot my car is at?
If your car was towed by a private towing company, from a private parking lot for example, the company will be able to tell you the location of your car. If it was towed by your city or county, the local parking authority should have that information. Once you have that information, you should contact the impound lot directly to make sure they do have your car. It would be a shame to travel all the way there and stand in line only to find out that your car was at another location. Even worse, if you can’t get to the other location before they close, they will probably charge you an additional day’s worth of storage.
What do I need to get my car out of impound?
This will vary depending on the local laws. The simplest thing to do is to call the impound lot and ask for a detailed list of what you will need to get your car out, make sure you also get their hours. Without a doubt though, you will need a driver’s license, insurance for the car, and proof of ownership, something like the car’s VIN or your car title. You’ll also need money to pay the impound lot and storage fees.
If your car is impounded, you need a way to get it out FAST. Consider using financial assistance from a car title loan in order to get your car out of impound.
With a title loan from LoanMart, you can use the money you are funded to GET YOUR CAR OUT OF IMPOUND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. After, you can pay your title loan back in manageable installments.
When you get car title loans in Columbus and many other cities, you get to keep your car. Don’t worry about having to figure out how you are going to get to work every day. LoanMart signs onto your vehicle title as a lienholder so you are able to keep your car in your possession during your loan period.
LoanMart can also get your funding to you quickly.1 If you need a loan in order to get your car out of impound, LoanMart can get your money to you as soon as the next business day3. We work at your pace so the sooner you get started, the sooner we can get the car title loan process rolling!
What do I need if I’m getting someone else’s car out of impound?
You’ll need all the same things you needed to get your own car out of the impound lot. You’ll also need a few things to prove that you have the car owner’s permission to get their car out. Again, exactly what you need will vary by state. The easiest thing to do is call the impound lot and explain the situation and they should be able to tell you what you’ll need.
What do you do if you are missing some of the paperwork you need to get your car out of impound?
That depends on the paperwork. If you are missing insurance, you need to get your car insured. You’ll need things like the year, make, and model, as well as the VIN. Make sure you shop around a bit to get the best deal. You may need to look for a company that specializes in high-risk drivers. Once you’ve signed up for insurance and paid the premium, have them email or fax a copy of the insurance to you, and the impound lot if they can.
If you can’t locate your car’s title, you will need to get a duplicate copy. You’ll have to apply for one at the Department of Motor Vehicles. Each state has their own requirements to get a new title, so it’s important to call ahead or look on their website to see what you need. It can take several days for your new title to arrive, and you’ll be accruing fees at the impound lot that whole time. If you can get an expedited copy of your car title, it’s probably worth it even if it costs extra.
What do I do at the impound lot to get my car out?
One of the main things you do is stand in line. Impound lots can be very busy and understaffed. Because of this, you’ll want to double check that you have all the paperwork they told you to bring and enough money to pay the fees. It’s important to verify what payment methods they accept. The last thing you want to do is show up, wait in line, and not have something you need. You’ll have to start the process all over.
How to Take Out a Loan to Get Your Car Out of Impound Using Your Car Title
If your car is in the impound lot and you need emergency money to take it out, a title loan is a great option. But does your car qualify for funding?
Title loans typically offer flexible requirements and accept various types of vehicles as collateral. So if your car is worth enough money, you may be deemed eligible. A quick way to check is to use an online title loan calculator. By inputting a few details about your car, you could receive a free estimate!1
Most online title loan calculators will require your vehicle year, make, model, style, and current mileage. If your car value is sufficient, you could receive a free estimate with no obligation.1
How to Qualify to Take Out a Loan to Get Your Car Out of Impound?
If you are interested in taking out a loan to get your car out of impound, know that the approval process is typically quick and hassle-free! Unlike traditional bank loans, title loans do not usually require good credit for qualification. So if you have bad credit, or you haven’t yet established credit history, you may be able to take out a title loan!
Title loans have two main checkboxes you have to check off in order to qualify. Not only do you need a qualifying car title in your name, but you also need a reliable source of income. If you meet both of these qualifications, you could be one step closer to obtaining approval.
What Documents Are Needed to Take Out a Loan to Get Your Car Out of Impound?
To complete the process to take out a loan to get your car out of impound, you need to provide a few select documents to verify vehicle ownership, your address, and your income.
Generally, you will be asked to provide the following documents to take out a loan:
- Car Title: To take out a loan to get your car out of impound you must provide the car title. The car title is used as collateral, securing the loan so it must be in your name.
- Photos of the Car: Photos of the car are required for the title loan process to further verify the value of your vehicle. But if your car is currently in the impound lot, contact a loan agent to discuss your unique situation.
- Proof of Income: To take out a loan, you need to provide proof of income. You can easily do this by providing invoices, bank statements, paycheck stubs, Social Security benefit statements, and more.
- Proof of Residence: To prove your state of residence, you can show a title loan agent recent utility bills, house deed, rental agreement, credit card statements, etc.
- References: During the process to take out a loan, you will be asked to provide professional or personal references.
When you inquire about a title loan online, you could conveniently upload all of your required documents online. Simply take pictures of your paperwork using your phone or scan the documents onto your computer and email the files.
Benefits of Getting a LoanMart Car Title Loan for Car Impoundment
Not only do you keep your car when you get a LoanMart car title loan, there are also many other benefits as well. Check out a few reasons why LoanMart has been a leader in non-traditional lending for over a decade:
- Convenient Terms – Just like LoanMart won’t hold your car hostage as soon as you get your loan, we also won’t stick you with an unmanageable payment schedule. Don’t worry about having to pay back your loan days after you receive your money like you would if you had chosen something like a payday loan. When you are approved for car title loans, we will make a payment plan FOR YOU that fits your unique financial circumstances1. Paying back your LoanMart title loan is feasible and within reach.
- High Approval Rating – People with all types of credit are encouraged to apply for a LoanMart car title loan. Unlike most traditional lenders, LoanMart sees you as more than just your credit score. That’s why we focus on other factors such as the equity value of your vehicle and your ability to repay your loan rather than just at your credit. LoanMart is proud to help people with a wide variety of credit scores.
- No Balloon Payments or Early Payment Fees – LoanMart wants to set you up for success, that’s why we won’t stick you with a massive balloon payment at the end of your loan period. Also, feel free to make your monthly payment any time before their due date because there are no penalty fees for making a payment early. LoanMart doesn’t want to hold you back, we encourage your success!
Process to Take Out a Loan to Get Your Car Out of Impound
Having a car in the impound lot can cost more than you currently have. When this happens, you may want to consider taking out a loan to get your car out of impound!1 To obtain the financial support you need in as little as one business day, all you have to do is start the simple inquiry process for a title loan serviced by LoanMart.1 3
Contact a title loan agent by calling the toll-free number (855) 277-4847 or using the online questionnaire form. Don’t wait any longer to get your car out of impound! Get the emergency money you need today.1 3