Table of Contents
- Why is a Vehicle Title Important in Florida?
- Steps to Replace a Lost Vehicle Title Important in Florida
- What is the Fee to Replace a Lost Vehicle Title in Florida?
- How to Transfer a Lost Vehicle Title in Florida?
- Can I Get a Title Loan After I Replace a Lost Vehicle Title in Florida?
- Approval Process for a Title Loan in Florida
There are various documents you should keep safe in Florida, one of which is your vehicle title. But what happens if you lost it? Don’t worry! You can easily replace a lost vehicle title in Florida by following a few simple steps.
And once you replace your lost vehicle title, you could inquire for a title loan serviced by LoanMart to get fast emergency funding. The qualification requirements are flexible and if approved, you could get your money in as little as 24 hours!3
Why is a Vehicle Title Important in Florida?
Your Florida vehicle title is considered proof of ownership of a vehicle. Most people have a paper form, but you could also have an electronic form. If you lost the vehicle title, you will be unable to sell your car, trade it in for a different model, or get a title loan until you get a duplicate certificate in Florida.
This is why keeping your important documents secure and accessible is imperative. If you haven’t already, invest in a fire-resistant safe for your home. There are various models to choose from, so you could find easily find one within your budget. You could even bolt your safe to the floor for extra security.
Steps to Replace a Lost Vehicle Title Important in Florida
If you need to replace a lost vehicle title in Florida, you can obtain a duplicate copy from a county tax collector or license plate agent. You will need to complete an application for a duplicate/lost title certificate (Form HSMV 82101).
Once you submit your application, you can expect to receive a duplicate copy of your vehicle title within 5 business days after your request is processed. If you cannot wait that long to replace a lost vehicle title in Florida, you can pay for an expedited process at a Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles office (FLHSMV).
What is the Fee to Replace a Lost Vehicle Title in Florida?
If you need to replace a lost vehicle title in Florida, you could get a duplicate copy for a $75.25 fee. You can choose to receive an electronic copy or a paper copy. The fee for a paper vehicle title is an additional $2.50. If there is a lien on the vehicle title, you may also be charged a $2 lien recording fee.
How to Transfer a Lost Vehicle Title in Florida?
You may have to transfer a vehicle title to your name in Florida if you recently received or bought it. However, if the vehicle title is lost, you will need to obtain a duplicate copy before you can move forward with the transfer process.
After obtaining a duplicate copy of the vehicle title, it must be signed and completed by the second owner or the seller which indicates they released ownership. You will also need to file an application for a title transfer (Form 82040) with a county tax collector or license plate agent.
There is a 30 day deadline to submit a transfer request after the ownership of the car is transferred from one person to another. The fee to transfer a vehicle title is $5.25. If you submit your title transfer application after 30 days, you will be charged an additional fee of $10.
Can I Get a Title Loan After I Replace a Lost Vehicle Title in Florida?
After you replace a lost vehicle title in Florida, you could inquire for a title loan. A title loan is a secured loan option for people that need flexible requirements and fast emergency funding. And when you work with title loans serviced by LoanMart in Florida, you could receive unmatched benefits that work with your budget and lifestyle.
Title loans are typically easier to obtain than traditional bank loans because approval is not dependent on your credit score or financial history.1 Instead, the main requirements involve:
- A qualifying car with positive equity
- A vehicle title in your name
- The ability to pay your loan on time
So if you currently have bad credit that is frowned upon by other loan options, you may still be deemed eligible for a title loan in Florida!1
Just about any car could potentially qualify. If you have an older car, don’t think you are ineligible. If you want to know just how much your car may be worth for a title loan, simply answer a few questions online. By providing your vehicle year, make, model, style, and mileage, you could get a free cash value estimate in minutes.1, 3
Some secured loan options require the possession of the asset, but with title loans serviced by LoanMart you can keep driving your car. During the approval process, a lien is placed on the vehicle title. This secures the loan and as such, your car does not need to be kept at a secure lot until the loan is repaid.
Approval Process for a Title Loan in Florida
The approval process for a title loans serviced by LoanMart could not be more simple or convenient. There is no need to visit a store in person or schedule an appointment. You need money now, and you just might be able to get it the same day if you inquire by noon!1, 3
Take a look at the 3-step process for a title loan in Florida:
- Click Online or Call: To inquire for a title loan serviced by LoanMart, you can start online or over the phone. Use the quick and easy inquiry form to answer some basic questions about your car and submit some contact information. Or dial the toll-free number (855) 422-7412 to speak with an agent about your specific situation.
- Submit Your Documentation: If the vehicle is pre-approved for a title loan, you can start uploading your documents online. You can either take clear images using your smartphone or use a printer scanner to upload the files online.
- Get Your Title Loan Money1: Once your documents are uploaded, a title loan agent will review them. If everything checks out, you will be fully approved for a title loan serviced by LoanMart! Choose to obtain your emergency cash through direct deposit, a check sent overnight in the mail, or by visiting a MoneyGram location near you.
It’s important that you replace a lost vehicle title in Florida as soon as you notice it is missing. And once you obtain a duplicate vehicle title, consider inquiring for a title loan serviced by LoanMart for fast and affordable funding.